by: loricipheran - 1st December 2010

Good snow, good atmosphere
Well, it is Ohio...

Snow Trails has come to be my favorite ski area in Ohio. They make the most of what they have. What really strikes me about the area is the quality of the snow. I can spend one day at Boston Mills/Brandywine contending with icy slopes, and then drive down here, skiing on fluffy groom the very next day. Part of this may be the climate - the Mansfield area often has the lowest temperatures in the state - but I also suspect that the grooming is better. I also appreciate the scenic qualities of the area. The resort is in a pleasant, wooded setting, and even has a few small glade runs. Any ski area in Ohio is prone to getting crowded, but I have never seen a day so crowded at Snow Trails that I was compelled to leave. Even on a busy day, the Silver lift, down by the tubing park, usually offers a minimal wait. The slopes at Snow Trails are not very challenging, but being Ohio, that should come as no surprise. But when I want a dose of winter fun that is close to home, Snow Trails fills the bill for me.