by: anonymous_user - 2nd January 2008

I have been going up to Mad River for a few years now and I think its a pretty good place. Although its size is pitiful compared to resorts in the east and the west, for central Ohio, its a great place. Although the lilliputian hill takes less than a minute to get down, I've also never waited more than two minutes to get onto a lift, and I would imagine I've waited for well over 1000 lifts. The price is crazy, but with no other options, if you're addicted to snowboarding, you have to pay it. It made me so angry when they raised the price for a season pass from 150 to 250, just because they added a tubing park (which isn't included in the pass (and in my opinion, wouldn't be worth the wait, even if it was included)) and two worthless trails with their own lift. Their food is horrible and extremely overpriced. However, i will continue to return to Mad River (with a packed meal) and give them all my money because they have an excellent terrain park, they make snow WHENEVER they can, and they do a great job grooming. Their staff is extremely efficient and they're always looking forward. Having just returned from Holiday Valley for a trip (where the lift tickets are almost worth the money) I can in full faith say that Mad River's terrain park competes extremely well with its similarly priced competition, although they only have a 300 foot drop. For a kid living in Columbus, being able to drive up after school and ride for 5 hours and still get home in time to finish my homework is a real treat.