Heavenly Mountain Resort +

Was just up there today. Conditions were nice. However, I don't think it's going to last. What ever snow they had from a few days ago is gonna be gone soon.

Machine Groomed
Sam Favaloro’s iPhone

Ya were looking at dry warm weather for atleast two more week till any wet weathers coming through, cold front coming from up north early into the second week of January will hopefully bring a nice storm in, pray for snow!

Anonymous

kaiser/chair 2 a little lumpy. park run off 4 was smooth but crowded. had more fun than I expected though.

3 years ago - Ski China Peak.

Boreal Mountain Resort +

Not bad , but Long lines

3 years ago - Boreal Mountain Resort.

Machine Groomed 0"
Anonymous

Thanks. Thats kinda what I figured. I was surprised to learn it was open at all.

Kyle’s iPhone

Can't wait to go kick butt at squaw!!!!

syngensmythe14

so now this is a forum for trashing other ski areas? keep it to mountain reports

iphone

Cornice (chair 6) is absolutely brutal. It'll remain so until we get more snowfall. The first 20 feet or so is sheer ice with the usual wind gusts over ridges blowing 30mph+. To Kirkwood's credit they are blowing snow during the day so that helps marginally. I'd stick to Solitude (chair 5) until conditions improve. It will most likely be several weeks, unfortunately.

Anonymous

In what world does east coast skiing even compare to the west?

Heavenly Mountain Resort +

More snow than we expected and really sunny. Could have done without the blistering wind tho

powder hound

This old guy hit the slopes for a few runs and had a great day on the groomers! I would have skied more but I shat myself trying to get down gun barrel. I will be spray and washing the brown ooze off my unisuite for the remainder of the day and will be back out tomorrow!! Love it here!

snow

Any locals know how the weather will be for Nee Years and the first week of January?

sac78791

Bottom line is we need more snow. Conditions and snow cover is terrible, even on groomers. I was there yesterday and left before noon.

sac78791

I was there yesterday and it was terrible. we need more snow. Not sure who is reporting all this snow, bit there's rocks and dirt spots even on the groomers. We left before noon.

Skier Comments & Photos from the Northern California Slopes

What are the ski conditions like right now at ski resorts in Northern California? Read commentaries and see photos from fellow skiers and riders sharing their on-mountain experiences. Check back daily for new user-generated firsthand reports from your favorite Northern California ski areas to see ski conditions, new snow and general stoke from the slopes along with images. Firsthand reports from Northern California are submitted via the OnTheSnow Ski & Snow Report App. Download the free app to be part of the conversation.