syngensmythe14

so now this is a forum for trashing other ski areas? keep it to mountain reports

3 years ago - Squaw Valley - Alpine Meadows.

iphone

Cornice (chair 6) is absolutely brutal. It'll remain so until we get more snowfall. The first 20 feet or so is sheer ice with the usual wind gusts over ridges blowing 30mph+. To Kirkwood's credit they are blowing snow during the day so that helps marginally. I'd stick to Solitude (chair 5) until conditions improve. It will most likely be several weeks, unfortunately.

Anonymous

In what world does east coast skiing even compare to the west?

3 years ago - Squaw Valley - Alpine Meadows.

Heavenly Mountain Resort +

More snow than we expected and really sunny. Could have done without the blistering wind tho

powder hound

This old guy hit the slopes for a few runs and had a great day on the groomers! I would have skied more but I shat myself trying to get down gun barrel. I will be spray and washing the brown ooze off my unisuite for the remainder of the day and will be back out tomorrow!! Love it here!

snow

Any locals know how the weather will be for Nee Years and the first week of January?

sac78791

Bottom line is we need more snow. Conditions and snow cover is terrible, even on groomers. I was there yesterday and left before noon.

sac78791

I was there yesterday and it was terrible. we need more snow. Not sure who is reporting all this snow, bit there's rocks and dirt spots even on the groomers. We left before noon.

Sam Favaloro’s iPhone

Cal side opening today

christopherbiorn

The condition of the groomed trails is very good burnout, drifter and Washoe are all excellent rides on the backside and there is plenty of blue and green on the front. They have done a great job, considering how much snow we have had so far this season. I did 23,000 vert feet, 5 hours and didn't get bored or take most runs more than twice.

3 years ago - Northstar California.

Machine Groomed
Boreal Mountain Resort +

It was fun, like all the jumps

3 years ago - Boreal Mountain Resort.

Kirkwood +

Dust on crust. Hurts the knees. Good fun still. Dry till Feb it apears. Forecast is lousy. Head to CO.

Machine Groomed 1"
Anonymous

If someone can provide a report on the terrain off Cornice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Boreal Mountain Resort +

went today (friday) worth the 15$ for students. Nice throughout the day on the runs. Not too many lines to hit off the runs, too rocky. very top of Mt is icy. Terrain parks are worth it.

3 years ago - Boreal Mountain Resort.

Skier Comments & Photos from the Northern California Slopes

What are the ski conditions like right now at ski resorts in Northern California? Read commentaries and see photos from fellow skiers and riders sharing their on-mountain experiences. Check back daily for new user-generated firsthand reports from your favorite Northern California ski areas to see ski conditions, new snow and general stoke from the slopes along with images. Firsthand reports from Northern California are submitted via the OnTheSnow Ski & Snow Report App. Download the free app to be part of the conversation.