by: James Brooke - 18th November 2010

Great off piste, quiet resort
None.

Over the last 3 years I have spent about 2 months in Sainte Foy. I first went to visit my sister who has done 2 seasons out there. It was the first time I have ever done any off piste skiing. But going to Sainte Foy you can't not do this. There is such an immense off-piste area. Still got plenty more to discover. Every time I have been the snow has been amazing and have never been let down or had to go to any of the surrounding resorts. Don't be put off by the number of lifts, I know some of my friends wouldn't go because it only has 4 lifts, everyone I know who has been to Sainte Foy has fallen in love with the place and always want to go back. When I first went I expected to be spending most of my time in the big resorts surrounding Sainte Foy, such as Val D'Isere, Tignes, Les Arces and La Rosiere, which are all within a 30 min drive from Sainte Foy. But I have never sacrificed a day skiing in Sainte Foy to visit any of these. I have always stayed in self catered accommodation, but I have decided to splash out and go catered as I found Ste Foy Chalet on the edge of the piste last year and like the idea of staying in a traditional family run chalet. In Sainte Foy Station itself there are a couple of nice restaurants, a couple of bars; one that also does very nice pizzas to eat in or take away. Three ski rental companies, a small supermarket and a bakery. So there isn't really a reason to leave the resort. I would recommend, if you are going self catered, stopping at one of the supermarkets in Bourg to stock up before reaching Sainte Foy.