I used to live and work in Courchevel. Live at 1550, work at 1850. That was my best resort so far, until I left for (a job in) Switzerland in 1996 and discovered another ski resort in France.
- 4 stages ski resort in the world largest ski area,
- skiruns perfectly groomed, sometimes too perfectly - not a moggle left!
- lifts are modern and confortable, gondolas, etc.
- slopes orientation: North - Keeps good snow in La Saulire (top) till late
- good restaurants, nice hotels
- slopes orientation : North => in Dec. Jan not much sun in La Saulire
- snow making machines system not optimal, it's better on the other side of La Saulire in Meribel at the moment (end Dec.06)
- lodging can be very expensive
- summertime: all 5 resorts are distant, you need a car to go from one to the other (except for gondola between 1300 and 1850, 1500 and 1850), riding a bike can be tiring! Unless you like walking