At the heart of Beaufortain area of the Savoie, 25 km from Albertville, Arêches-Beaufort is a charming traditional ski village with a range of ski runs meandering through the forests that pass beside the beautiful wooden chalets, overlooked by the Mont Blanc. The resort also has plenty of natural ski areas for those budding off piste powder skiing enthusiasts.
The resort town of Arêches Beaufort is divided into two sectors: Le Grand Mont and Le Planay.
The resort offers exceptional snow fall covering the slopes which stretch from 1080 metres to 2300 metres in altitude. Arêches-Beaufort is a resort that should be considered by skiers of all abilities (55 km of ski runs). What with the Freestyle Snow Park, the Woodpark through to the Boarder Baby Cross and the large areas dedicated to free riding, there is definitely something for everyone!
Arêches-Beaufort doesn't leave out the Nordic skiers either. The cross country ski trails are spread over 3 sites:
- Marcot-Beaufort: Easy skiing, on the edge of the Marcot forest. Skiing through the forest is a great way to get away from it all, and if you are just beginning the resort has flat trails, ideal for those just starting out.
- Le Bersend: Don't leave without trying the easy cross country skiing trails in Le Bersend! The trails take skiers through the typical unspoiled alpine mountain villages and if you're lucky you'll have the chance to see some of the rich and varied local wildlife: deer, chamois, foxes, weasels to name but a few...
- The plateau-Cuvy: At 1700 m high there is a 2 km long cross country ski trail (chairlift access from the Grand-Mont).
For those who choose to spend their holidays in Arêches Beaufort who don't necessarily ski, the resort offers a wide range of activities: snowshoe races, snow or ice races, horse and carriage rides, historical discovery (churches, Baroque trails ...), farm visits (cheese and wine shops produce the famous Beaufort cheese).
In Arêches Beaufort there are plenty of people willing to look after your children when you're off skiing:
- Daycare "Les Petites Frimousses" in Planay (welcomes children from 18 months to 6 years old)
- The nursery "Galipette" in Beaufort (12 places from 3 months to 6 years old)
You can also call the childminders who are certified by the Savoie department (about a dozen is the Arêches Beaufort ski resort).
The snow garden for children from 3 to 5 years old is a great place for young apprentice skiers to find their feet, making use of the specially designed easy access mini ski lift. The welcoming team offer a range of ski related games and supervised activities great for keeping the kids occupied throughout the day.
Arêches-Beaufort is well set up for children and offers a public snow garden (original Arêches-Beaufort concept) which is on the Plateau of Cuvy and accessed by the Grand Mont chairlift (open to pedestrians). The snow garden offers families with young children a place to play in safety whilst being outside and taking in the fabulous views.
In Arêches-Beaufort the real food connoisseurs will enjoy the local cuisine, the famous Beaufort cheese, the Grataron (goat cheese), the Pormonier (pork and vegetable sausage) or the Farçon (a dessert made with potatoes, prunes, figs and spices). These traditional local dishes are served in an array of restaurants found in the resort.