by: Vilkas - 7th January 2009

Fantastic for families
Can understand why teenagers think its a little tame!

Having just spent our 5th Holiday in Alpe D'Huez I can highly recommend it for the young family. I have two daughters 8 and 5 and we have been really happy with the resort. The staff and instructors are excellent as is the snow most of the time, we have only had one bad year (2007) only because there was no snow in the town but enough up top. With regards to the skiing there is I think enough for everyone, I am a seasoned skier and there is enough for me during the week, where my daughters go to ski school in the A.M. and we all ski together in the P.M. There are various ways to get to the slopes if you are not lucky enough to be staying in one of the various hotels that are on the main Ski area. Busses are frequent and free and there are always the lobster pots but they do get a little crowded in the morning (allow at least an extra half hour for queues. TAKE THE BUS it is quicker and more comfortable! In short we will be going there for the next few years until the girls have passed their ski exams, enjoy!