Wolf Ridge first time beginner

by: darthdively - Dec 13, 2009

Pros: great grooming lots of variation great ski patrol

Cons: very intimidating for beginners

Date Visited: Dec 1, 2009

This was me and my girlfriend's first time going to this resort and second time snowboarding.
weather: 28-32 degrees.
this place at the time was not filled for their opening weekend. they had a few runs open. not too many newbies like us out there. we kept at the base of the mountain to work on what we learned. This place was pretty difficult for us(2nd timers because the only run for us to try other than the bunny hill was the long run they had that lead to the base. The long run was pretty awesome because they had rolling hills/mounds that allowed for some to get some air if they chose. they did not have too much of the mountain open(opening weekend and first decent amount of cold temps for snow making). it was hard for me and my girlfriend to find another good spot to practice because we didn't want to get in the way of the better more experienced riders. this place is definitely a great spot for those who have some experience. once we get better we are definitely coming back again as soon as we feel we can keep up! =)