Good and Bad

by: Jesweet - Mar 6, 2009

Pros: Lessons

Cons: website misleading

Date Visited: Mar 1, 2009

We went on March 2 to go tubing, based upon the website and the listing that the resort was only 2 hours from Charlotte. The tubing run was extremely lame, in fact, my driveway is longer and steeper than what they had. Because of the distance, longer than 2 hours- we opted to try skiing. The instructor for my 2 eight year olds was great. Although there seems to be confusion as to the cost (I was told rates from $18/hr to $45/hr) I still paid for the lesson. The instructor was very kind and patient and the kids loved him. The slopes were not croweded (it was a Monday) and the other skiiers were kind to my two beginners.
I did not see any ski patrol, but did notice that the ski instructors were "policing" the crowd.
I also didn't like the fact that the grill only accepts cash- no debit or credit cards and this isn't mentioned until you get to the cashier. The cashier was nice and allowed me to take our food and then pay her later when I could get to my car to get cash, fortunately I had enough.