by: Danny - 8th February 2009

Trails, Two Lodges, Parking Shuttle, Snow
Lifts, Closed mountain

Even though I had to get up at 5AM to get to the slopes at 9AM coming from Atlanta, I still believe the trip was worth it. Try to get a lot of runs in before about 11AM before the lift lines get crowded. Also for lunch take the quad lift up to the top and take the blue/green trail to the upper lodge for shorter food lines. The snow was especially good on the day I went because it was only two days after they got eight inches, but the snow patrol people that I rode the lift with said the snow is good even when it doesn't snow. The only things that I didn't like were that the terrain park was closed and the lifts are poorly managed. There should be FOUR people at a time on a quad lift and TWO people at a time on a double lift. I was also upset because the double lift wasn't taking people to the top and was letting them off halfway instead. As far as the closed mountain, that could be because the new lift is under construction. Otherwise it is the best place that I have been in the eastern United States.