Horrible Experience

by: GWVOLS - Jan 22, 2010

Pros: Snow

Cons: Employees Attitudes

Recommended For: Singles

Date Visited: Dec 1, 2009

To Whom it May Concern,

My family and I visited your facilities on December 29, 2009 and I have to say it was the worst experience in my 20 + visits to Sugar Mountain. We planned our visit for several weeks and were excited about our visit. We had invited other family members and had told them about how much fun and organized your facilities were, but found ourselves in the end having to apologize to them for the bad experience they encountered. As I stated earlier I have been to Sugar Mtn. in the past and never had one bad experience, and on most of the other occasions I had groups of 25 or more kids who were all happy with their experience.

On our visit we understood the crowds would be larger that normal due to it being a holiday. We had prepared for the wait and the cold temperatures. But I was very shocked at the attitudes of the employees, I had never experienced this in my visits before. My daughters who are 19 and 17, as well as my two young nieces 7, and 4 wanted to tube. So I stood in line for over an hour and got the tickets they needed( 3 tickets totaling $75) put on the lift tickets and sent them off to enjoy the tube run. They waited in line patiently and went down the run, the staff members running the area were rude and uncooperative to my daughters and one gentlemen even raised his voice at my oldest daughter, which was totally out of line. They waited in the line to return to the top, which took approximately 20 minutes. With the excessive lines and being treated rudely, they left the tubing area and asked to return to our home. As we were waiting to leave in the concession area we overheard three other families express the same concerns and their discontent and plans to never return.

I understand that you are in business to make a profit, but the numbers allowed on the run was excessive and very uncomfortable for the participants. Please consider looking at lowering your numbers for the runs on holidays and it probably would not be a bad idea to speak to your employees about speaking a little more kindly to those who are paying the fees to provide their salaries.