the worst

by: tsurf - Dec 19, 2010

Pros: none

Cons: Lots

Date Visited: Feb 1, 2010

last year was my second trip to Sugar. First one was reasonable, second one was a disaster. If you are going to go there, especaily on a weekend, YOU HAVE TO GET A CABIN ON THE SLOPE. And confirm it! Last year we showed up and they ahd canceled our reservation becasue we didnt send them a check. I asked, well I gave my credit card info. They said that wasnt good enough, I said well, why didnt you call me? You have my phone number. they said they didnt have time, but they mailed me documentation. US POSTAL MAIL! What year is it? They couldnt email me or call me with a problem? Anyways, we found lodging elsewhere. Drove in, parking lot packed, none of the workers spoke english, had to wait 30 minutes for the bus to the ticket booth, 30 minute wait to get tickets and a huge line to get on the slopes. It was 15 degrees F, miserable, and they had all the snow machine full blasting ice at the skiiers. Not into the air. Miserable, the entire trip. Never going back to sugar. They way oversold the tickets without nearly enough parking, lifts or runs. The worst.