Good

by: zx12rfl - Jan 2, 2010

Pros: Short Lines, friendly ski instructors

Cons: Very Icy, long lines for food

Date Visited: Dec 1, 2009

We Skied at Sugar Mountain the day before we went to Beach, the lines on the lifts are WAY shorter much quicker, which means more time skiing less time standing in line, as I was teaching my child how to ski. I observed the ski instructors, as I use to be one, and they were very friendly with the kids and seem to be pretty down to earth vs Sugar Mountain which the Ski instructors seem to be a little more full of themselves. The Chairlifts are good, the employees were pretty friendly, could use a little more attentiveness for the skiers and snowboarders who were crashing all the time as they got off the lifts.

The Lodge area is TINY, there is probably only enough room for maybe 40% of the skiers in the lodge and it is not laid out well at all. The food lines are LONG and they wrap around throughout the lobby where everyone is eating. I didn’t buy food there nor did we rent ski’s.

The parking is pretty good and well organized as at Sugar I was actually boxed in and had to wait two hours to get my vehicle out of the parking lot.

Overall Beach is a good Mountain for the area especially for beginners and people who want shorter lines.