OK

by: rogers - Jul 2, 2009

Pros: Great medical staff

Cons: Icy, bad customer service

Recommended For: Singles

Date Visited: Feb 1, 2009

A group of friends and I took a vacation here at Beech in Feb of 09. I had never been to Beech, but had been to a number of other places. On the first day we experienced how icy North Carolina was. Being an intermediate skier, the amount of ice on the slopes was enough to instill a little fear and uneasiness. While at the booth down the mountain buying our lift tickets, we exprienced a somewhat disgruntled employee who did not seem to want to explain the rates or different times for skiing. Kind of rude and dissapointed with that particular customer service rep. Back to the ice--while SLOWLY skiing down the mountain i fell when i hit a patch of ice which ripped my knee out to the side. While in excruciating pain, on lookers ran to get help. The medical staff on duty for that day were amazing. They took excellent care of me and let the group that i was with know what was going on and did everyting they could to further accomodate me. I can't say the same for the EMS working that arrived an hour later. My condition turned out to be pretty bad, Torn ACL, MCL, LCL and Meniscus, but while not bing able to tell from looking at the outside, the Med staff at beech were very sympathetic and informative of which hospital to go to once EMS arrived. They could have said oh there is nothing wrong, prbably just a sprain, but they didn't underestimate my injury. I never got a chance to go back and thank those gentlemen but i would like them to be noticed or acknoledged by anyone returing. As for customer service for the other parts, maybe they need to reconsider their employees.