by: anonymous_user - 2nd February 2008

First I will say that I like Cataloochee and learned to ski there. Do not even think of going on a holiday weekend! We go only to ski the twilight session (1pm to 10pm). And we usually do not start earlier than 2pm. The mountain is really good when they have the midway loading station open(just past the first get off point on the omigosh double chairlift). Why they did not build the rock island lift as a high speed detachable lift I am not sure? We only ski cataloochee now because we have a second home nearby and it is fun when you know what to expect. You must go out west to really have a great ski experience. And it is really not that expensive. Well, this is not about the western ski experience. The main issue I have with Cataloochee is the OUT OF CONTROL SKIERS!!! It is really quite dangerous to ski there. I have seen so many people hurt up there. Just a couple of weeks ago I saw a guy on a snowboard just way out of control crash into a group of people like a bowling ball. And it gets worse at night. There are no ski patrol out there to slow people down. I am just about not wanting to go there so I will not get hurt. You do not see this out west. Come on, Cataloochee, do something about this!!!!!