Many of us fortunate enough to live in proximity to skiing are spoiled to the point of powder day snobbery, where anything less simply won't do. Another growing subset of skiers is afforded an even luckier luxury—pairing that powder day with nothing less than the best craft beer.
If you're going to top off and lock in a perfect day spent skiing with a frothy, frosty beer or two down the hatch... as you should, then make it a point to add these ski town breweries to your rotation.
Nothin' beats a beer after a perfect ski day.
Copyright: Michel Tallichet
Slide & Imbibe: 14 Suds Stops you Must Make this Ski Season
1. Deschutes Brewery & Public House après a day at Mt. Bachelor. Try the Black Butte Porter.
2. 10 Barrel Brewing Company après a day at either Mt. Bachelor in Oregon or Bogus Basin in Idaho.
3. Fiftyfifty Brewing Company après a day at Northstar or Boreal Mountain Resort. Try their flagship beer, the Donner Party Porter.
4. Mammoth Brewing Company après a day at... you guessed it Mammoth Mountain. Try the Black IPA.
5. Snake River Brewery & Restaurant après a day at Jackson Hole.
6. Wasatch Brew Pub après a day at Park City. Try the Polygamy Porter.
7. Ska Brewing Company après a day at Durango Mountain Resort.
8. Telluride Brewing Co. après a day at none other than Telluride. Try the award-winning Face-Down Brown.
9. Aspen Brewing Company après a day on any of the four Aspen/Snowmass mountains.
10. Dillon Dam Brewery après a day at any number of Summit County ski areas.
11. Long Trail Brewing Company après a day at Killington. Try the Long Trail Ale.
12. Magic Hat Brewing Company après a day at Bolton Valley, Smuggler's Notch or Sugarbush. Try the #9.
13. Grand Teton Brewing Company après a day at Grand Targhee.
14. To this finely crafted brewery list from our friends at Curbed Ski, we have to add Wild Mountain Smokehouse & Brewery après a day at Eldora. Eat the wings and drink the refreshingly fruity Hop Diggity IPA.