For skiing Jackson Hole, it’s a tossup: stay in Jackson or Teton Village. Sure, the town of Jackson has the brewery, shops, art galleries, restaurants, and booming nightlife, but Teton Village holds the cards with slopeside lodging.
The European-style Teton Village sits slopeside at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort. In addition to the ski slopes, it has cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, sleigh rides, sledding, spas, shopping, restaurants, bars, and nearby access to Teton National Park. You can also hit the iconic Mangy Moose Saloon for après and dinner or hop the START bus to ride 12 miles to the town of Jackson for an evening out.
Lodging in Teton Village spans a broad spectrum. Luxury accommodations cover the high end while a hostel fits the budget pocketbook.
Skiers have multiple choices between luxury properties. Traditional luxury hotels such as the Four Seasons Jackson Hole, Snake River Lodge and Spa, and Teton Mountain Lodge offer all the expected high-end amenities while the newer eco-conscious Hotel Terra boasts an infinity pool and rooftop spa.
Plenty of mid-range hotels flank the ski area, including the Village Center Inn and Inn at Jackson Hole. The Alpenhof Lodge brings a little of Switzerland to Jackson Hole with Bavarian-style rooms and fondue in its restaurant.
Located adjacent to a luxury lodge, the Hostel has the most inexpensive accommodations in Teton Village. Recently renovated, the hostel offers private rooms, family rooms, and bunks in traditional shared rooms.
The Teton Village properties run lodging specials during the winter for skiers and snowboarders. Here’s a selection:
- Jackson Hole Resort Lodging is running a January White Sale at 20 percent off regular rates. Rates for the special start at $119 per night at the Village Center Inn.
- The Alpenhof Lodge offers a Winter Adventure Package that combines five nights of lodging with skiing, dog sledding, and snowmobiling in Yellowstone starting with a European breakfast buffet each morning.
- The Hotel Terra is offering a Powderhound special that gives 20 percent off the room rate and includes breakfast. Rates start at $231 per night.
- Teton Mountain Lodge bundles up four nights of lodging with three days of lift tickets for two people. The Skier’s Dream package starts at $287 per night.
- The Four Seasons Jackson Hole has a ski and stay package that includes two lift tickets for each night’s stay. A minimum of three nights is required.