Following the company's recent purchase of Kirkwood the pass now covers eight major resorts across three states and 24,980 acres (10,109 ha), including Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone and (separately owned but included on the pass) Arapahoe Basin in Colorado as well as Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood in California/Nevada.
Tickets can be reserved for a $49 US deposit (balance payable in mid-September) but should be bought in the next three weeks as the current prices are not guaranteed after April 15th 2012.
"With the addition of Kirkwood, this year's season pass line up offers our guests an epic value with access to the best resorts in Colorado and Lake Tahoe," said Kirsten Lynch, chief marketing officer of Vail Resorts.
"The Epic Pass, Epic Local Pass, Epic 7-Day, Summit Value Pass, Tahoe Local Pass and Tahoe Value Pass are designed to provide our guests the flexibility to choose the best pass option for them and the opportunity to experience eight truly iconic resorts next ski and snowboard season."
Following is a guide to help skiers and snowboarders choose the best season pass options for them, based on which Vail Resorts mountains they choose to visit and how much they plan to ski and ride. All passes are available for purchase at www.epicpass.com and through Vail Resorts' preferred tour operators around the globe, found at www.snowusa.com.
• The Epic PassTM, the best pass deal in the ski industry offering unlimited, unrestricted skiing at Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Heavenly, Northstar, Kirkwood and Arapahoe Basin is available for US$659. It pays for itself in less than six days.
• Epic 7-DayTM pays for itself in less than five days and is ideal for people who don't plan to ski more than seven days. The Epic 7-Day gives skiers and snowboarders a total of seven unrestricted days of skiing at Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Heavenly and Northstar, plus Arapahoe Basin anytime during the season for a price of US$509.
• The Epic Local PassTM, for US$509, pays for itself in less than five days and is perfect for international guests who can navigate a few more restrictions. The Epic Local Pass offers unlimited and unrestricted skiing or riding at Breckenridge, Keystone and Arapahoe Basin with limited U.S. holiday restrictions at Heavenly and Northstar. It also includes a total of 10 days at Vail or Beaver Creek with U.S. holiday restrictions. US$50 pass holder tickets are also available for purchase during blackout dates at Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood.
•Summit Value PassTM pays for itself in less than four days and is a great option for people who only plan to ski Summit County. The Summit Value Pass is available for US$419 and provides unlimited and unrestricted lift access to Keystone and Arapahoe Basin, as well as access to Breckenridge with limited holiday restrictions. Pass holders can purchase access to Breckenridge on restricted days for US$50 per day.
• New for 2012-2013, the Tahoe Local PassTM offers skiing and riding seven days a week to Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood resorts. It includes access on Saturdays at all three resorts with limited holidays restrictions. US$50 pass holder tickets are also available for purchase during blackout dates at Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood all for US$419. The Tahoe Local Pass pays for itself in just over four days.
• Tahoe Value PassTM, available for US$379, pays for itself in less than four days. The Tahoe Value Pass has holiday restrictions at Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood with Saturdays excluded at Northstar and Kirkwood. Pass holders can purchase access to Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood Resorts on restricted days for US$50 per day.
The Epic Season Pass, Epic 7-Day, Epic Local Pass, Summit Value Pass, Tahoe Local Pass and Tahoe Value Pass purchasers will receive exclusive offers and promotions on lodging, dining, ski rentals, equipment, ski school and special events for the 2012-2013 ski and snowboard season.
All passes are available for purchase on www.epicpass.com, as well as via Vail Reasorts' preferred international tour operators, found at www.snowusa.com