A report in the Reno Gazette-Journal online edition Tuesday conforms that three young women died from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in a snow-covered car in an employee housing parking lot. The bodies were discovered Tuesday afternoon by a Squaw Valley security guard.

At least two of the women were looking for work in the area, the newspaper reports. Dead are Lacey Louann Sutton, 22; Sara Alice McCullah, 21, both from Marysville, Calif., and a 17-year-old Loma Rica, Calif. girl, according to Placer County Sheriff's Lt. Allan Carter.

Carter told the Gazette-Journal security was "apparently doing some checks and found the car was running underneath the snow and uncovered it, and there it was." About a foot of snow covered the 1983 Oldsmobile sedan. Carter said it was likely there all night Monday.

The Sheriff's office warns that no one should ever sleep in their car, as "even if the tailpipe is clear of snow, it can drift and pile up over the pipe in time."