Accomplished skiers may say they want to improve, but taking that next step isn't always as easy as it sounds. That’s where Alta Lodge Ski Adventures comes into play.
Based out of the first ski lodge opened at Alta Ski Area, the series offers instruction for experts, backcountry lovers and women throughout the season. Instructors from Alta’s Alf Engen Ski School or guides from Utah Mountain Adventures lead three- and four-day sessions for skiers.
Charges include lodging, full breakfasts and dinners, coaching, dry land training, lift tickets, demo skis and boots, taxes, and lodge service fees. Double occupancy reservations earn a discount, but spots are limited for all sessions.
Here's the schedule for Alta Lodge Ski Adventures this season:
• Performance Ski Camp for advanced to expert skiers, Dec. 4-8, and April 10-14, 2012: $1,995 per person, double occupancy, or $2,471 single occupancy.
• Backcountry Ski and Splitboard Clinics, Jan. 24-29, 2012, and March 13-17, 2012: $1,915 per person, double occupancy or $2,508 single occupancy in January, $2,150 per person, double occupancy or $2,863 single occupancy in March.
• Powder Tracks Camp for intermediate and advanced skiers, Jan. 7-12: $2,790 per person, double occupancy or $3,531 single occupancy.
• Women’s Ski Camps for intermediate to advanced skiers, Jan. 19-23 and March 29-April 2, 2012: $2,211 per person, double occupancy or $2,804 single occupancy.
• Women’s Ski Camp for advanced to expert skiers, Feb. 2-5, 2012: $1,534 per person, double occupancy or $1,979 single occupancy.
For information or to make reservations, click here.