by: pavlos - 13th September 2011

BAD BAD BAD
WORSE WORSE

After buying a voucher of 1 of the deal websites i was really looking forward to visiting Mt Cheeseman, after reading the reviews and looking at the website everything was looking good. But this was not the case when i arrived. I had booked up to arrive on a Sunday for 3 nights but as i was excited i got there a day early, i rang ahead to make sure there was room for me and then set off. When i arrived there was no one around it was like a ghost town. I searched around for about 45 mins but couldn't find anyone. As i was looking i found another guest but he had the same problem as he was looking for a member of staff also. I had a look on the slope but everything was closed this was at around 3.30pm. I decided to head off to find somewhere else to stay at this point i was already regretting making my booking. I arrived bright and early the next day thinking i would give it another go and not let the previous day spoil my break. The lifts where open and i found a member of staff straight away. They showed me to my room but the snowline lodge was filthy as you walked in, it looks like gypsy camp there was bits and pieces of carpet down and the walls where dirty and this place is tryin to charge $90 a night. I went onto the slope but came straight back down as there was hardly any snow. It said on the website that there was 90cm of snow on the lower slopes this must be measured on a area no one skies, on the lower slopes the snow was brown and rocks where coming through all over the piste. I was really angry at this point as i really look after my ski equipment and have had it years without ever scratching the underside and in 10 mins i had put some big scrapes in them. In my deal i had breakfast and dinner, 3 nights accommodation and 4 days lift pass for $250 which is a awesome deal. But when i went back i sat in the lounge and waited for dinner to be served but nothing came. Some people came into the lounge/kitchen and cooked food but never offered anything. I sat and waited till around 8.30pm and still no one came. I was now really hungry so decided to ask the people who had cooked the food if i could please have some i really felt bad as there was no where open to buy food so really had no other choice. They gave me some which i was very grateful for. I then went to bed in my freezing cold room wrapped up in my ski clothes and in my sleeping bag. When i woke up in the morning it was a beautiful sunny morning i went into the kitchen to see if breakfast was ready but there was no one there. I then decided to leave as this place was really wrecking my break. For anybody thinking to visit Mt cheeseman i would really think twice. If there is a good deal on and they have had a massive dump of snow then maybe give it a go for a day but no longer.