by: anonymous_user - 26th February 2008

The skiiing was good last Sat. and Sun (2/23 and 2/24). My six and eight year old could ski everything but the double blacks so my wife and I stayed with them the whole time (the baby was in the very nice day care). We're used to skiing out west (Aspen and Steamboat Springs) so all I would say is that Windham was better than we expected and you can have a lot of fun if you keep in mind that the kids are getting practice. It's good for them to learn how to handle some ice, right? I don't mean to be negative or snooty, we really had a good time. The only bummer was that my eight year old was involved in a hit-and-run with a boarder. She was shook up enough to go to the first-aid station. This all happened near the bottom of the mountain at the end of the day on Sunday. The staff was excellent but all sort-of rolled their eyes and said "oh yeah, people go way too fast." Part of the problem is that there are no "slow" signs and nobody keeping an eye out for jerks mowing down kids on the crowded lower parts. One person in the first-aid area said that there were only three ski-patrol on the whole mountain. Don't know if that's true but I didn't see anybody trying to do anything about the speed. I expect to see people bombing around on the upper trails but the lack of traffic management down towards the bottom is a hazard that the mountain should do something about.