Not much to go off of

by: ilovepow - Feb 15, 2011

Pros: Close to home

Cons: Ice, Crowds

Date Visited: Dec 1, 2010

Our first two trips out this season were to Windham. Before this year, I have never been to the mountain, always going to the closer Hunter Mtn. We figured it was about time we gave Windham a chance.

We went on their 2nd weekend open, and there was VERY little open. We were expecting this, so it was ok. We couldn't wait any long to get the season under way. From our first trip, it seemed that the downhill terrain had promise for being decent later in the year. For what they had to offer that day, it was worth the trip.

The next time we went it was just my girlfriend and I. Almost 100% of the mountain was ice. This could have something to do with the fact that it was absolutely packed! I have never seen that many people going down a mountain at once. There were times was actually had to pull off to the side and wait for a bit of an opening.

I doubt it would have been that icy if there were less people. I hate to give a bad review just because it was early in the season, but I also never had to leave a mountain early because the crowds/conditions were unbearable. It was as if they didn't even bother to try and make any snow. I'm just happy we didn't pay full price for the day.

Since it was a day trip, we didn't experience the nightlife in the area.

I would go back, but probably out of desperation.