Very Nice For Location

by: Cynwyd Guy - Mar 23, 2010

Pros: Location, Surrounding Area, Service

Cons: No Glades, Lack of Variety on Advanced Terrain

Date Visited: Feb 1, 2010

Stayed at an excellent local bed and breakfast on a Sunday night to ski on a Monday. There were no crowds, which I didn't expect there to be since it was a Monday. I was very impressed by the facilities in general and it wasn't a far walk from the parking lot to the main lodge.

For only being a short drive from most major east-coast cities the mountain greatly impressed me. Windham is a clear step above any mountains in the Poconos and is the best terrain you will find south of Albany in NY state. Was very happy with the lift service, very fast and efficient.

My major downside for the mountain is that the diamonds and double diamonds all contain bumps. This is a mistake I've seen many east-coast resorts made. I would have liked one pure-steep trail to let loose on, or perhaps just one glade trail. The completely lack of glades was my largest disappointment because most east-coast resorts at least have one or two of these.

Overall we had a great time at Windham and it was well worth the trip. If you can make it on a weekday the skiing is wide-open and fantastic.