West Mountain Review

by: anonymous_user - Mar 28, 2008

Date Visited: Mar 28, 2008

If your looking for "resort"...West isn't your place. As a local I consider myself blessed to have a ski area so close to my backyard. Sure the lifts are old and slow. Sure the atmosphere is somewhat dilapitated. I also agree that the terrain can be less than challenging for some. But I can take my family for a few turns there on a whim for a reasonable price and deal w/ reasonable crowds. (Let's not even mention the cost of gas). I rarely ever wait in line for the lift. The intermediate runs to the triple chair are rarely congested. The grooming and coverage has been good. Next time a liftie seems less than enthused, smile and say hello....works everytime. I guess my point is this...It's all what you make of it...it's what puts a smile on your face. I love to ski...I don't need the biggest and the best. I'll keep going to little ol' run down West Mtn as long as it keeps making me grin. If there are improvements on the horizon...well GREAT! If not, oh well. West will keep the local ski lovers coming back again and again.