Great Family ski area

by: bouncybrit - Jan 5, 2013

Pros: Great for families

Cons: not for shredders

Date Visited: Jan 1, 2013

I love Tuxedo Ridge, the staff are friendly, the lodges are welcoming, people know each other. This is my second season as a season holder here, I have been a skier/boarder for many years and am a very competent skier, and can ski up to a pretty technical level on and off piste, this is not the mountain for that; this is the mountain where I can bring my kids and they can go off with friends and enjoy being on the snow without me having to worry too much. there is some terrain, but even the difficult slopes are not technical.
By mid season the lift operators know everyone by name, if you need a lesson there are plenty of instructors who are happy to teach at any level. the development program taught my kids great fundamentals and set them up to enjoy skiing/snowboarding for life. Non Skiers can hang out in the lodge and feel at home, we brought our girl scout troop here for tubing, you get the idea, this is a family ski resort, don't come expecting major terrain and big air, come for a great time and to teach your kids a lifelong love of snowsports.