by: Rob Ferretti - 27th December 2006

I grew up skiing at Sterling Forest every weekend it was open...starting @ eight years old. Loved every minute...Sterling forest is only 25 minutes from my parents home in Ramsey NJ, (where I am now a Realtor). I now live even closer to the mountain in Ringwood NJ. Sterling forest isn't the biggest mountain on the East Coast, but it may have the most character..and definitely great accessibility...the only closer mountain to the city is Campgaw and yea...it's smaller, and less interesting!! As the kids would ski together in organized ski school the parents "Sterlling Forest Ski Club" would have wine and cheese in the Warming Hut and catch up on the last weeks happenings, and their children's latest best times down the Nastar coarse....In my senior year of High School I went through the Sterling Forest Instructors Apprentice program. Not only enjoyed it, but learned a lot and created even more memories and life skills to add to the toolbox...Although I never made a buck doing it, I have now taught my wife and three friends how to ski...Actually I plan on visiting the mountain after the new year and potentially instructing up there, if they'll let me...Haha. Real estate is slow in this particular moment and I would welcome some justifieable snow time!!!!! See you up there folks...It's worth the drive and it's bound to snow one of these days!!!!!!!.....Rob Ferretti (Coldwell Banker)