by: Nick Carraway - 15th January 2011

Proximity to Westchester Cnty
More than a few

It's hard to describe this as a ski mountain - it has two lifts (excluding the 100 ft lift for little kids and beginners at the Little Thunder area), about 500 ft. of drop and about 12-15 trails open on any given day. I went with my family the first day of MLK weekend and one of the two lifts I mentioned was down until after 12 noon - as a result, the one lift was jammed with people all morning long. We are entering mid-season and still several runs are still closed due to a lack of snow / snow making. This is a decent option if you have young (< 9) kids and want someplace that is extremely inexpensive and close, where you can leave as soon as Jr. has had enough and not think twice about it. But if your kids already know how to ski, skip it and go somewhere else. I will say the people are friendly, you will feel like it is a safe place for kids, and people are terrific about returning or otherwise making visible lost gloves, googles, etc. - we are like 5 for 5 getting back stuff the kids have dropped.