by: Cyrus - 20th December 2010

uh...close to NYC, cheap cabins near by.
to many to fit in this field

Imagine being in the mood for Italian food and ending up at Chucky Cheese. A poorly run Chucky Cheese. This is not a resort, or a mountain. It feels like a traveling carnival that never left town. I'm not a snob, but so many things didn't make sense. Thunder Ridge feels like bizarro world. The line to rent or buy lift tickets is more like a mob of kids and crazy frustrated cut-throat mothers. After 45 of buying my lift ticket, I made my way through the maze of orange fences where they said I needed a leash for my board. So i went back to the same counter to be ignored for another 20 minutes. I paid for a leash and went back through the orange fences, then they said I wasn't allowed to have a backpack and had to rent a locker. boiling mad at this point, I went back to the counter. After finally reaching the lift line I waited patiently for my turn to hop on and noticed how slow the lifts were running. I thought perhaps it was just an off day for the old lifts and I'll be fine once i reach the summit. This is where I started laughing. It's a hill, like a hill you'd sled on for free. rocks, gravel and grass ( i scratched my board up really really badly). I tried the longest trail which is listed as a green, but most of it is completely flat like a cross country ski trail, so i just took my board off and took a walk. WEEEEE! I paid $50 to walk around and carry my gear. thank god I paid for that leash otherwise my board would be ...sitting by my feet.