at first made me angry, then made me laugh.

by: Croxas - Dec 20, 2010

Pros: uh...close to NYC, cheap cabins near by.

Cons: to many to fit in this field

Date Visited: Jan 1, 2010

Imagine being in the mood for Italian food and ending up at Chucky Cheese. A poorly run Chucky Cheese. This is not a resort, or a mountain. It feels like a traveling carnival that never left town.
I'm not a snob, but so many things didn't make sense. Thunder Ridge feels like bizarro world. The line to rent or buy lift tickets is more like a mob of kids and crazy frustrated cut-throat mothers. After 45 of buying my lift ticket, I made my way through the maze of orange fences where they said I needed a leash for my board. So i went back to the same counter to be ignored for another 20 minutes. I paid for a leash and went back through the orange fences, then they said I wasn't allowed to have a backpack and had to rent a locker. boiling mad at this point, I went back to the counter.

After finally reaching the lift line I waited patiently for my turn to hop on and noticed how slow the lifts were running. I thought perhaps it was just an off day for the old lifts and I'll be fine once i reach the summit. This is where I started laughing. It's a hill, like a hill you'd sled on for free. rocks, gravel and grass ( i scratched my board up really really badly). I tried the longest trail which is listed as a green, but most of it is completely flat like a cross country ski trail, so i just took my board off and took a walk.

WEEEEE! I paid $50 to walk around and carry my gear. thank god I paid for that leash otherwise my board would be ...sitting by my feet.