uh, check your facts there. they open usually first weekend december. the only times in recent years they havent was when they had no snowmaking weather. they routinely go to april 1. only time they didnt was the bad 11/12 winter and everyone else was melted out as well. week straight of 70s in march will do that.
they fight neck and neck with song on being the first cny place open and last to close. both tog and lab open later/close earlier
$750 now for GP and going up to $800 in 2 weeks....that's way out hand for a season pass in this area..... and GP isn't 900 vertical feet it's only 700. Lab and song you can get 2 passes for less than the price of one at Greek, kinda a no brainer for the locals
750 for a season pass? Might as well put a sign up that says no locals wanted....meanwhile you can get a combo pass to lab and song for 300. Haven't seen anywhere near the improvements to warrant such an absurd price, especially when they don't open until Mid to late December and close the end of March.
the creek is also considered a wild trout stream, which means its a protected stream. under that idea greek cant do as they please with the creek without state approval, hence the delay on the deck
all the improvment to the illiad pump house are still at the mercy of the creeks flood cycles, a hurricane agnus type storm would wipe out the base area, think the aframe is the best location for a lodge due to flooding
new water line from main pumphouse to the pumphouse at the lake at the bottom of chair 4. new variable speed compressors at the pumphouse at chair 4. new air pipes along trojan and zeus (ehich also services herc). two new tower fam guns. and contractig ratnik (the company who made those new double barrel portable towers last year) on an all-around snowmaking improvement maste plan touching cost/benefit of everything from adding pumps and compressors (thats why the new pumphouse is so big) to replacing/moving/reorienting pipe, adding electrical for more fans, new valves, hydrants, and guns, etc...basically something that should have been done 10 years ago before thinking of adding the hotel.
greek owns partial rights to the water impounded at hope lake. but town of virgil is paranoid that if greek withdraws it fully, not enlugh will fill up in summer for their beach. thats hogwash as itll fill in a couple of rain storms if there was no natural snow. greek really needs to get on that. they can release the water right into the creek at the base to pump up the mtn