by: anonymous_user - 11th February 2008

I skied at Peak'n Peek quite a bit back in the 80's when I lived in Akron, OH. I have a family now and my 4 year old is just starting to ski. I wanted to take him on a ski vacation, but didn't want to overwhelm him with a big, crowded resort. We skied Sunday 1/28-1/30 using The Peek's "Ski and Stay" package. It was very inexpensive for three people (wife, son, myself) to stay at The Inn at the Peek and ski for three days. We enrolled the 4 year old in the Peek'n Kids ski program and he did great. By the end of 2 sessions in the Peek'n Kids program, my 4 year old was doing a pretty good wedge, turning and stopping and riding "the big lift" to the top of the mountain. Overall our visit was outstanding! There was 22" of new lake effect show, blue skis and overall great conditions. The skiing was excellent! My wife and son enjoyed the very wide runs and there was absolutely zero lift lines on Monday and Tuesday (very short on Sunday). The Inn was very nice, especially for the package price (nearly free compared to 3 days of lift passes at full price). The pool and hot tub area are first rate and the indoor playground is very good for the little ones. My only negative comment was that the food service was a bit slow in all 3 restaurants we visited in the Inn (making it difficult with a cranky, hungry and tired 4 year old). However, Jody's Java was a great place for breakfast. If you want to go on a nice family ski trip and you're within driving distance of Peak'n Peek (Erie, PA area), by all means, check them out. However, if you like to ski steep and/or technical terrain, this is not the place for you. The entire ski are can be skied by almost anyone with intermediate skills and much of it can be enjoyed by novices.