PKNPK parks are great

by: shauner44 - Mar 6, 2011

Pros: Terrain parks

Cons: Nightlife

Date Visited: Feb 1, 2011

I think when you're talking about PKNPK, you've got think in relative terms, meaning yeah, it's not the biggest place on earth, but for the area that it's is, I love it. By far and away, PKNPK's greatest asset are the three terrain parks. As a snowboarder, I really feel like they were one of the first resorts in the area to really dedicate themselves to maintaining great parks. The 180 park is great for the beginner set, while the 360 and 540 parks have a little bit for everyone. I'm not a pipe guy at all, but I can tell you that the pipe is below average at best. It definitely does not compare to those at, say, Seven Springs or Holiday valley, but it's a pipe nonetheless and you can definitely mess around it in.

This review isn't really about a specific trip, because I go there all the time, but generally speaking, PKNPK gets tons of snow and of the 10 to 15 times a year I go, I would say that I only have one or two trips a year that I would consider just average (as far as conditions are concerned). Again, PKNPK isn't huge, but it's a good time, especially for snowboarders and people who like to ride park. If you're an advanced skier, or a snowboarder who just likes to cruise long trails, PKNPK is probably not be the place for you, but if you can keep yourself occupied on shorter runs with lots of little fun stuff to do, or have some kids in tow, you'll love it.

Since PKNPK is so close to me, I've never really stayed there, though I've heard from a lot of people that the hotel is very old. I recently hung out with some friends in one of the condos, and appeared to be just fine to me. As for nightlife, you're not really going to find it at PKNPK. Aside from a couple small bars in the lodges, there is absolutely no town or anything that you can go to.

As far as the employees at PKNPK, I've never had a problem with any of them, and they've all been very friendly and helpful when I've encountered them. I also think that PKNPK is an exceptional value compared Holiday Valley and a couple of the much smaller places near me in Ohio.