by: Nick Park - 20th November 2010

Close to home
People sitting in the middle of trails

We go here a couple times a year, and I generally enjoy it. With night skiing on the whole mountain, you can do a lot of skiing. It can get icy in spots, but that's to be expected as it is an eastern resort. Anothing thing is how short the trails are. However, the lift lines are usually very quick. There is a variety on the mountain from easy to (kind of) difficult. My skill level is starting to surpass the hill, but if I venture into the terrain areas, or if they've got the (VERY SHORT) mogul area, I can challenge myself. BTW, I am not really into terrain parks, but they can spice up an otherwise repetitive day. The bad thing is that this is by far the worst place for snowboarders. These kids are always plopping down in the middle of a trail to pull out their cell phones and have conversations. Several times a day, I'll come over a steep part, where downward visibility is severely limited, just to have to go into panic mode because these boarders will sit down right out of sight, and now I have to stop or veer to avoid them. For whatever reason, these kids will NOT go to the edges of trails to sit. I've met considerate people, skiers and boarders, all over the place, but PnP makes me despise snowboarders.