by: anonymous_user - 26th February 2007

I took my 6 yo daughter here Presedent's day for her first time (my 1st time at this hill). We aimed for the 10:00 Am "free lesson" and accidentally budgeted enough time (over 1 hour) so that we made the lesson. Many, many other people had no idea the "check in" would take so long and they were very upset (the ticket office called it a riot). The free lesson was HORRIBLE. They had kids teaching who did not utter a single word by way of teaching the 10 or so in my daughter's group -- except "Pizza" which was supposed to magcially teach my girl about snow-plowing. I pulled my daughter from the "class" and accepted that you get what you pay for. We spent the next two hours learning the basics -- and we happened to still be there when the 12:00 lesson got started. What a difference! These guys really taught -- how to put on skis, how to stand, how to fall, how to blah.. So, the skills of the free teachers are variable, and next time we'll aim for a private lesson. All that said, I enjoyed my time there and will go back. The mountain is perfect for kids and for learning. The conditions were icy, but fine. The staff was overwhemled, young, but tehy kept their heads on a hectic day. I am glad I found the hill, and would recommend that you get there at least an hour before you want to get on the mountain.