Great Family Mountain

by: gananymous - Feb 12, 2011

Pros: Excellent for families with children.

Cons: Nightlife.

Date Visited: Jan 1, 2011

The mountain is oriented towards family, beginners and people just getting into skiing. The staff in my opinion is very friendly and the people are friendly. I looked at some comments and I disagree about teachers or parking. Yes many teachers are teenagers but if you pay few dollars(as Mt. Peter charges much less then other mountains) and expect Shaun White or Lindsey Vonn type teaching you than you are at the wrong mountain or your expections are to be never met in the Northeast. As far as parking I think that it is great, wide and spacious. I have yet to see a fully paved parking at mountain resorts(partially yes but not fully). Anyway it doesn't matter in winter and if you come skiing expecting to have clean car at the end of the day than you are better off staying home or have no clue about skiing. Anyway, I am an advanced skier. I ski one week a year in Park City Utah, some weekends in Adirondacks (Gore, Whiteface) and many mountains in Vermont. I live 30 minutes from Mt. Peter and in my opinion the mountain is and has been excellent for my children to have frequent exposure to skiing on an everyday basis. I have thaught many family members how to ski there and on light work days I go in the evenings with my kids to catch some fresh air there without extensive travel. Excellent mountain and staff for the type of mountain it is. Nightlife could be better if you are an adult with no kids but then again family/kids doesn't mix with alcohol so if you want some night life take a drive to Manhattan, its only 50-60 minutes away from here.