by: gma - 22nd June 2009

Everything You've Ever Heard Is True
Everything You've Ever Heard Is True

From its dynamited, construction zone looking, pock-marked face, to its obnoxious clientele, to its superior snow making, to its pretty darn good ski terrain, everything you've ever heard about Hunter is actually true. That was fine by me on a Friday in late March. Hunter had a ton of snow left while I was skiing the remaining base at Windham 3 weeks before with a warm, dry stretch and no financial incentive to make snow in-between. Although it was Friday, I was not often out of earshot of my fellow skiers. No harm in having fun! Although, I don't think I would take a family here or ski Hunter on a weekend in my wildest dreams. This isn't genteel theatre district Friday Night fun. (See Windham) This is go pick up a hooker somewhere on the West Side fun. The facilities are pretty utilitarian. The terrain was really a treat. The super steep shots are pretty short but, the hill keeps you interested and thinking about what you are doing for a solid day. I like Hunter. I think I'll go again. I'm guessing I'll be alone or, with the guys, on a weekday, with a cooler, when I do.