by: anonymous_user - 23rd June 2008

Huntahhhh...may be a lousy mountain but at least it is our mountain (people from Northern NJ and New York know what I mean). Here are the facts: *Brutal on weekends because of impossible lines and teenagers in jeans and NY Rangers' jerseys yelling,"Yo Vinnie I am skiing!" while going a 150 mph. *Little snow. The snow totals are complete BS. Be prepared for rocket launching pactches of ice and crud even when they clain a "powder day." *Night life used to be lengendary but now, because of the several lousy seasons, has all but disappeared. It is a ghost town. Depressing. *Lodge is circa 1975. Amenities are sub-standard. Food is mediocre. On the plus side...... *Reasonably close to the tri-state area. Certainly within day trip range. *If you can ski here you can ski anywhere due to the ice, tight trails and crowds. My fondest memory of this past season is ripping down the powder laden trails my first day at Heavenly without breaking a sweat and turning my friend and saying,"Geez. That was fun, wasn't it?" *Incentive to work harder, invest wiser and save in a more disciplined manner in order to afford more frequent trips to Park City, Tahoe, etc. Enjoy.