Needs many improvements

by: S L - Feb 3, 2014

Pros: Friendly staff, numerous instructors, slopes

Cons: Outdated food court bldg, disorganized instruction, crowd control weekend,

My wife and I are beginners and arrived for a 3 day ski lesson package. Saturday was mayhem and as a result we couldn't get more personalized help w/ boot selection and instruction which proved to be detrimental to getting properly started. Although there were many instructors, there was no uniform/standard training technique and hence each instructor told us something else proving to be a confusing and frustrating learning experience. Staff was friendly and helpful but mostly the following day when crowds subsided. The food court in the main building (not the Learning Center) was outdated , overpriced, lacked proper food variety (mostly burgers/hot dogs/fast food, cafeteria style) very crowded w/ absolutely no room to sit, no private tables...a travesty when we ordered a chicken sandwich with side salad that proved to be a tiny 2oz cup of coleslaw! Staff was friendly, mountain was great and my wife did enjoy the spa. My advice is don't go when it's crowded especially on Saturday.