Excellent Smaller Mountain!

by: rt5570 - Feb 21, 2009

Pros: A little bit of everything / Best Learn to Ski Program I have seen

Cons: Older Lifts / Grooming could be Improved

Date Visited: Feb 1, 2009

OK, here is the real, unbiased deal. I just learned to ski last year with their Mountains of Fun program, which is by far, the best learn to ski deal I have encountered. For $20.00, you get a lift ticket, rentals, and a lesson (Alpha Slope only on first visit). If you complete the program (3 visits), they deduct what you have invested from your season pass, should you chose to purchase.....THAT is where they got me, and it is now my "home" mountain. I have since been to several larger, more challanging mountains, but can truly appreciate Greek for what it is; a smaller (and I have been to MUCH smaller), very family friendly resort. There is a variety of terrain and trails, and something for all types of skiers and levels. If you like extremely challanging double blacks, glades (only a few), or forever long runs, Greek may not be for you. They are, however a GREAT practice mountain (due to the large variety of trails and terrain), and a great place to take the family. Also, unlike most other resorts, Greeks full day pass DOES include night skiing, so on a weekend you can ski from 8:30am to 10pm for one price. Their lifts are definitely old (soon to be upgraded), but not extremely slow and they keep the lines moving very well. Overall, a fun place to ski with some of the friendliest staff and customers that I have encountered to date.