by: Frank - 14th January 2013

Pow, Advanced
Not Board Friendly

Of the two days I went to Gore, I thought it was awesome. I thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere there, and the surrounding white trees. The view from the top was amazing too! I also liked the idea of bringing the gondola halfway up the mountain, because this spreads out the crowds. I also liked how this was more of a residential mountain, considering more locals went there than huge crowds. My friend and I would constantly stick to the top of the mountain and take down Hawkeye to the summit lift, which was pretty challenging. I also love the adirondack area, considering everyone is so kind and no one is mean at all. The only problems I had was that it wasn't really snowboarder friendly. I felt that it was entirely a skiing mountain for the most part, and that there weren't really terrain parks. I also realized that Gore relies on the powder to cover the trails rather than grooming most of them themselves, resulting in many naturally made moguls on almost every single trail (another reason it wasn't really snowboarder friendly). Overall though, I thought it was an awesome mountain.