by: conboc - 10th March 2010

Ruby Run, GREAT view, fast Gondola
Few beginer trails, uninformed workforce, expensive

Gore has only a few beginner trails, and finding what they advertise as "our pick for families" was hard. It is on the map, but to find the trail head to the North Side, you almost have to look behind you. I asked four outside employees how to get there, two told me they didn't know one told me that it was closed, and the other indicated that it hadn't been open much this season. I skied down to the lodge, took off my skis, and went inside to ask the woman at the information desk how to find it. She told me it was closed. When i pointed out that the trail report laying on the desk in front of her listed it as open, she replied, "Then it is open." I repeated my need to locate it and she pointed and said, "Read the Map." Once I told her that I had read the map right on the ski hill and couldn't find it then she pointed at the map at the very spot I had been looking which didn't really help. The other Easy trail, Sunway, was overused in a short amount of time and in poor condition. Green Circle skiers: don't miss Ruby Run at the top. It has a fantastic view and was the one jewel in this trip. I rated the terrain as average comparing to all 7 ski resorts, including Mom & Pop ones, that I skied this year, but for a large resort it is poor for beginners. Intermediate and advanced skiers would rate Gore much higher than I did.