by: Mitch - 8th December 2008

Small mountain with versatility and challenge
Pricey cafeteria menu

Catamount is an excellent mountain for young and new skiers to learn on. The variety of trails with different degrees of slope allows a young or new skier to gradually work their way up to more difficult trails; trails that for the most part are never crowded and very well maintained. This season is my 9 year old son's and myself's fourth at Catamount. We love it because of the opportunity for my son to choose the trails he is comfortable skiing that day; whether blue or black, and the fact that he won't get run over by a weekend warrior with limited ski abilities. Also it is great that all trails come back to the perimeter of the lodge. The reviewers that complained about icy conditions in earlier reviews obviously have not skied much in other eastern ski areas; ski Hunter on the weekend and you will find out what ice really is or go to Okemo when it is 5 degrees at the top and all the cover is skied or blown off!! Overall Catamount is a great ski mountain for families and the staff is always friendly. By the way if you want to speak to me, look for the guy coming down Catapult in orange boots and ski's (for now), the ice doesn't bother me!!