by: Daniel Hilbert - 16th January 2011

Teen friendly
Rude staff, tough transition from bunny hill for beginners, really average terrain, dirty lodges

My family and I wanted to really like this mountain because of some of the reviews we read. But unfortunately, we were really disappointed. First, I wouldn't say that this mountain is family friendly, but very Teen friendly - they definitely run the place. If you are a family with younger kids, 10 and under, I'd just warn you that there are a lot of older kids on mountain skiing very fast in slow areas. Nothing against the teens, but just a heads up for you guys with young children reading this because of the high family friendly rating. Second, the staff is very rude there. One of the staff members announced in the lodge (not over a PA system, but yelled) the following, and I quote: "Please do not place your belongings on the table. If you do, we will move them. From there, good luck finding them". Wow, a little over the top, no? It just added to the tension that already exists when trying to get your boots on, organize your stuff, and get to the slopes. Really a bummer. Lastly, if you or your kids are beginners, there is a bunny slope - but from there it's right up the mountain. There is no intermediate learning slope for beginners. It's go small or go big. We gave it a try, but my family and I will probably never go back because our overall experience was not enjoyable. We'll end up going to other mountains in the future.