by: anonymous_user - 13th February 2008

• Nightlife

I took my kids there for midwinter break (stayed in Monier Manor B&B in Naples, NY. Great B&B!). They skied there for three days. They really enjoyed the slopes and even skied some black and and one double black diamond. I would definitely recommend this ski resort. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. They enjoyed the runs and can't wait to ski again when we visit my parents who live in Naples. However, there were two disadvantages there (I told them on a comment card too). Even though I rented the all day through close pass for three days for them, I had to rent the equipment by the day. I paid up front so that I didn't have to stand in the line to pay every day (don't lose the slips either or you'll have to pay again). We did have to pick up the equipment everyday. There was no assurance that they would receive the same boots either. It really slowed one of my sons down every day due to this fact (one day they gave him wet boots). I think it was unfortunate that they didn't have a special area to put at least the boots every night so that they could have the same ones. My kids have skied at other ski resorts (in NM, mainly Taos. We live in OKC) and all of them have either allowed us to take the equipment with us or store it for us each night. The other disadvantage is that since they are small, they don't have any warming stations on the mountain. One of the days was bitterly cold. They decided to go on a long run (two miles) and had to race down the mountain at one point since their hands were so numb by the time they were part way down. I realize that Bristol Mountain is small, so having a warming station may not be financially possible. Also, since they have only skied there twice before, and it wasn't too cold then, it may not get cold often enough to warrant a building like that. All in all, it really is a great place beside the two annoyances. My boys are 14 years old and 10 years old. I (my husband couldn't come) felt comfortable letting them ski together by themselves. My parents and I sat in the same place every day in one of the two lodges (food). They came and checked in when they were cold, hungry and/or tired. I doubt that I'd let them ski by themselves at a larger ski resort. I didn't rate terrain park or apres ski since I don't know what that means.