by: anonymous_user - 4th February 2008

I have to agree with p nut below, if you're a snowboarder, this place blows. I will say up front that I am a west coast rider used to deep heavy snowfalls and evergreens so I will put those elements aside in my review. The Pros: 1. Price, I went on a day where tickets were steeply discounted and I would have been very dissapointed to have paid full price here. 2. High speed quad lift. Without it, this resort would have nothing going for it all. The cons: 1. All around crappy attitude torwards snowboarders. I have been riding for ten years and am in my mid 30's. I can readily understand the frustration long time skiers have torwards the unruly teenage types but do not paint us all with this brush. If you look at statistics, skiers visits are going down and snowboarder visits are going up. I am not running over children, smoking in the lift line, doing bong hits on the chair and using profanity. I was treated as such by both staff and other patrons. At lunch a group of skiers who appeared to be in their 50's sitting at a nearby table making obnoxious comments purely for my benefit. I found this bizzare enough to be humorous, out west most of the animosity between skiers and boarders has dissapeared. I think we all have realized we are there to have fun not fight. I was harangued by lift ops for not putting the safety bar down (never happens out west) when a polite but friendly warning would have done. The terrain park was icy and untouched by both riders and groomers alike. It seemed much of it had been designed to injure those who were stupid enough to ride it. Jumps whose takeoffs and landing were not level were enough to scare me off. The trail rating system is not very accurate either. If you want to call it Double black, it better be a whole lot steeper and a whole lot longer. I agree with the comment below about the green area down below. Unless you have a jetpack or a need to practice riding with one foot out, stay away from the flats.