Taos Ski Valley Review

by: dwelch - Jan 15, 2008

Date Visited: Jan 15, 2008

Just returned from a weekend at Taos Ski Valley, wonderful snow, wonderful mountain and wonderful people. I am an advsnced intermediate skier that found this mountain to be a perfect match. I did ski some of the greens and found them to be a good match for beginner skiers. this mountain is talked about as steep but has nice runs that all could be skied clean. We had excellent service at Snow Bear Inn for accomadations,
great beer and snacks at Hotel St Benard where the atmosphere of ski apre's was perfect. Ate at Rhoda's and the Bavarian Lodge and had excellent service and food. We totally enjoyed the atmosphere of this mountain. Crested Butte was always my favorite due to town and mountain but now Taos ranks even. Very little commercialization has its atributes.
Go enjoy sking at one of the last ski only mountains until March. I do understand why they are going to try snowboarding but I did enjoy cruising at the end of the day w/out boarders sitting in the middle of runs. Thanks Taos for a great weekend.