by: anonymous_user - 15th February 2007

I'm a townie and middle aged- so here's my viewpoint: I feel incredibly previleged to live so close to this ski area. Living only 35 min away from the lifts gives me the chance to scout the weather and the conditions, so I pick the best. Weekdays SKI SFE is practically a private resort. No lines, no hassle. Weekends- I leave to visitors. Skiing for 1/2 day is a real value. The mt is great with lots of variety. Moguls on Wizard and Parachute can challenge the best, and the bumps under the upper chairs are awesome. I wish the area were bigger, but SFE is Green Party Country, and it ain't gonna happen soon. The new Millenium chair is great, and makes the northern trails more fun and more accessible. As for apres ski- nothing on the slopes, but SFe awaits below. Restaurants in town are authentic, best in the West, make Aspen and Vail look like Disney stuff. Hotels are classy and so are the spas. Lots of very good entertainment in lounges or at the Lensic Theater if you like more high brow stuff. Bring your own date.