Sorry I drove there

by: brandonMarsico - Dec 1, 2009

Pros: Big mountain

Cons: NO SNOW

Recommended For: Empty Nesters

Date Visited: Jan 1, 2009

This was by far the worst ski resort I have ever been to in my entire life. I drove up thanksgiving weekend as they had advertised they would be open. There were 3 trails open. I was so disgusted it wasnt even worth my time to get on the lift. How can you even open a resort for skiing with 3 trails open? They have so many opportunities to make snow and they do not. I would be embarassed if I was the owner. The "lodge" was garbage. More like an overpriced cafeteria than a restaurant. I am from the northeast and we have some absolutely amazing resorts there compared to skiapache. If I were you I wouldn't waste my time driving out there. Go to Angelfire or Wolf Creek or something. Believe me its worth the drive. Ski apache just needs to close down. It's nothing more than a tourist trap. That place is garbage. Skiapache doesn't even deserve my recomendation for any group of people to go there. I just clicked a box so I could post this up and let everyone know what skiapache is really like. Big mountain, no snow, and a rundown lodge/cafeteria or whatever the heck it is you want to call that little shack at the bottom of the slope. Good Luck.