Sipapu Ski and Summer Resort Review

by: Tygerlily - Jan 14, 2008

Date Visited: Jan 14, 2008

I have skied in New Mexico for 46 years, and this weekend we took our first trip to Sipapu. The parking lot was uncrowded and only a short walk from the quaint, rustic lodge. The lift ticket prices were quite reasonable, and everybody in the lodge was friendly and helpful. The snow was great! We had two skiers and two snowboarders--two advanced skiers in their 50's and two snowboarders in their early 20's. There was terrain for everyone from our beginning snowboarder, to our two black run skiers, to our insane off piste tree riding, cliff jumping snowboarder. There was a small but nice terrain park. The food in the restaurant was both tasty and reasonably priced. There were no, and I mean NO, lift lines. There is a cute little bar there where we all had a beer. We did not check out the lodging, but it is very inexpensive. I expect it would be perfect for college students and for anyone on a budget. At the end of our day nobody had anything but good things to say about Sipapu. It reminded me of skiing in the 50's and 60's. We had a great time! We will definitely go back to Sipapu.